System Design Interview
Get iOS Jobs At Big Companies
The iOS Interview Guide Series
System design interview is typically the last and the hardest interview you'll have as an iOS engineer. It touches upon a broad scope of questions and assesses your understanding of the architecture and design of programming systems as a whole. Ever wondered how you should approaching and answering that part of your interview process?
This course will help you prepare for a common system design interview for an iOS position by walking you through a hypothetical architecture design of an e-commerce application, a messenger application, and an Instagram-like application.
What's Inside?The video course has:
- Video on how to design an Instagram-like app (Instagram as the example)
- Video on how to design an E-commerce app (Etsy as the example)
- Video on how to design a messenger app (Facebook Messenger as the example)
- Overview of how you should approach system design interview overall
- A brief introduction to VIPER architecture
- Video about backend APIs design for mobile apps
- Diagrams used in the course for you to review as you're prepping for system design interview
Who am I?
My name is Alex Bush. I'm an iOS consultant and architect. I've been developing for iOS for 12+ years and built apps ranging from small MVPs to large scale enterprise applications. Prominent companies I worked at are Wanelo, ThoughtWorks, Uber, Wayfair.
Here are previews of some of the videos in the course:
The course is almost done and available for early access.
You'll get access to all the videos recorded so far (even the drafts) and all the updates and future videos I add to this 1st edition of the course.
As an early adopter you'll get a 25% discount on the course.
Are there other resources?
Looking for other free resources? Check out this article. It's an excerpt from one of the lessons (a chapter really) of the course where I walk you through details of a system design of an e-commerce application (Etsy).
Not sure yet? Check out two sample video it's about designing an Instagram application. In it I walk you through a desgin and building blocks of Instagram application and point to useful tips about what system design interviewers might focus on (hint: scrolling performance) when they ask you to design an Instagram app.